CLIENT: Division of leading U.S. defense contractor
SITUATION: The division president had four major business units, each appearing to have attractive market opportunities and investment requirements. The president sought a fact-based strategic assessment of each business units business plans and an evaluation of the businesses’ strategic options.
- We conducted a strategic audit of the division’s businesses in order to create the framework necessary for making long term strategic decisions:
- Assessed the current and projected markets where the division was active and evaluation of the competitive environments
- Evaluate each business unit’s competitive position and their customers’ perceptions
- Conducted workshops with key business unit managers to identify and evaluate strategic options
- Recommended overall strategy, investment priorities, strategic directions for each business unit and acquisition strategy
RESULT: Client was able to prioritize among the opportunities presented by the business units and allocate resources for maximum benefit of the overall division. Division is outperforming peers.